Happy Canada Day!
Canada Day marks the establishment of Canada as a self-governing dominion on July 1st, 1867. Although yesterday was the official Canadian birthday, the citizens of this fine country observe it on days that equate to a day off work… making today Canada Day.
In honor of Canada Day, I would like to present some defining facts about America’s closest cousin:
- Canadians consume more macaroni and cheese than any other nation on earth.
- Canada Dry Ginger Ale is owned and produced by Texans, not Canadians.
- Canada’s totem poles draw over 8 million tourists each year.
- Both Mike Myers and Brittany Nielsen are Canadian.
- The mullet is the Canadian hockey player’s hairdo of choice.
- The proper pronunciation of “eh” is like hay without the h, but not too drawn out like how the Fonz says it.
- The Fonz is NOT Canadian.
Canadians, this day is for you. Enjoy it. Let it be known that we Americans appreciate your humor, your boreal forests, and your Red Green show.Back to Top